||What Is Human Capital Management?
A New Way of Looking at People
Your organization is operating in a knowledge intensive age, where people are your most essential strategic asset. But the organization with the best talent doesn’t always win, because it’s not enough simply to hire good employees. Top-performing organizations constantly ask themselves how they can do a better job of developing, deploying, and managing their people. This kind of thinking is the foundation of Human Capital Management (HCM).
HCM Is Part of Every Business Process
Your customer relationship management activities are only as effective as the customer service agents you’ve hired and the services you’ve trained them to provide. Your supply chain can move goods quickly and at a low cost only if you’ve empowered your people with the tools they need to be productive. That’s why you can’t confine human capital management to the HR department. It’s a set of business processes that managers throughout the organization can use to get the most out of their people. It applies to contractors and permanent employees, new hires and seasoned veterans, entry-level workers and executive level professionals. Do you have the right people in the right jobs? Are you paying them appropriately based on their skills and experience? Can you make sure they’re in the right place at the right time? HCM enables you to answer “yes” to all these questions.
PeopleSoft HCM solutions provide a single, comprehensive view of your worldwide operations.
- PeopleSoft Resource Management optimizes your workforce—from workforce profiling to resource forecasting, scheduling, and usage analysis.
- PeopleSoft HRMS Warehouse brings together multiple silos of employee information to support operational and analytical reporting on areas such as workforce movement.
- PeopleSoft Workforce Scorecard includes predefined key measures, such as workforce turnover, that help determine the state of the workforce and align the workforce with business objectives.
- PeopleSoft Time and Labor enables you to schedule your workforce and enter time and time-related data while adhering to complex legislative, union, or company-specific regulations.
- PeopleSoft Mobile Time Management saves you time and money by ensuring data accuracy and reporting flexibility for employees who are disconnected from their time-reporting systems.
- PeopleSoft HelpDesk for Human Resources supports your workforce by delivering a call center solution that provides HR agents with a 360-degree view of each member of the workforce.
- PeopleSoft Human Resources
- Administer Workforce tracks all personal, job, and employment information for your global workforce.
- Position Management enables you to budget, define, and track an unlimited number of positions.
- Absence Management tracks all types of employee absences and records specific details, such as for maternity leave.
- International Assignments tracks detailed information when an employee accepts an international job assignment.
- Health and Safety enables you to specify health and safety programs and track injuries when employees are exposed to hazardous conditions.
- Labor Relations manages grievances, disciplinary actions, and worker union information no matter what country you’re in.
- Regulatory Compliance meets the regulatory, operational, and reporting needs of employers in a variety of countries, including Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- PeopleSoft eProfile increases your data integrity by enabling employees to maintain their personal information through self-service.
- PeopleSoft eProfile Manager Desktop helps managers make strategic personnel decisions by giving them instant access to employee information, including status changes, promotions, terminations, and transfers.
- PeopleSoft Payroll Solutions is a comprehensive set of payroll solutions for many countries and payroll interfaces for outsourcing or integrating third-party payroll systems.
- PeopleSoft Global Payroll is an innovative payroll solution that gives you control over all aspects of your payroll operation in many countries, including Australia, Brazil, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
- PeopleSoft Payroll for North America is a flexible, robust solution for processing large volumes of payroll data. Its intuitive web design leads to significant savings in data entry, calculation time, and manual intervention.
- PeopleSoft ePay helps employees make the most of each paycheck by giving them online access to their payroll information.
- PeopleSoft Payroll Interface gives you a full-featured payroll interface solution if you are using an inhouse payroll system or an external payroll service bureau.
- PeopleSoft Payroll Interface Connector for ADP Connection (for North America) is a flexible integration solution that links PeopleSoft HRMS with ADP payroll services.